This is just a very quick note.
Remember the beet wraps that I threw away?
Well, I hadn't thrown all of them away (slipped my mind in the last post) but had kept one wrap in the dehydrator to let my husband Yosef try.
He was reading my blog from today and got to the part where I confessed to throwing away some perfectly good food. Yes, I did feel bad for doing that. My husband couldn't believe I threw them away without letting him try them.
Now, just a little bit of information regarding my husband. Yosef will eat and not notice the taste of things. If I ask him whether he likes something I've made sometimes I have to ask him to interpret what the grunt that he occasionally gives me means. He looks at his food as fuel, not necessarily as something to ahhhh about. Over the years since I have been married to him, I have been learning to look at my food as fuel too, but the beet wraps didn't even get thought of in this manner. I just threw all but one wrap away.
Well, after Yosef called me on throwing away some food I remembered the one lonely wrap sitting in the dehydrator and told him, "Oh, there is one left."
Turns out he loved the beet wrap and the taste of the celery seed.
Oops. What a waste. Oh the guilt. I really do hate throwing away perfectly good food.
Next time, I will let my husband try before I even think about getting rid of good food.
No comments:
Post a Comment